GUM TREATMENT/FULL MOUTH SCALING & POLISHING
This practice involves the removal of deposits such as plaque and calculus (tartar) from tooth surfaces. Over time, the regular removal of these deposits may reduce gingivitis (a mild form of gum disease) and prevent progression to periodontitis (severe gum disease).
Routine scale and polish treatment has the following benefits:-
- Enjoy brighter and shinier teeth. Over time calculus can build up on your teeth and this hard substance can look yellow. Your professional scaling and cleaning remove all hardened calculus before your teeth are carefully polished, lifting some surface stains.
- Better gum health. Calculus contains infection-causing bacteria and regularly removing it reduces your risk of gum disease.
- Fresh breath.After having your teeth professionally cleaned you will probably notice your mouth feels extremely clean and this has a great effect on your breath.
- Protect your general health. Gum disease has been linked to many serious health conditions including diabetes, heart disease and even dementia, and certain cancers. Professional scaling and cleaning is an effortless way to reduce your risk.
- Preventative care is cheaper. Over time, it’s far cheaper to prevent dental disease than to treat it, and attending regular hygiene appointments helps to reduce your dental bills