What is a dental bridge?
If you have missing teeth, your dentist can close — or bridge — the gaps in your smile with dental bridges. A dental bridge is a ‘false tooth’ that is held in place by the abutment/adjacent teeth on either side of the gap. Although bridges can be made from a variety of materials such as gold, typically they’re made from porcelain to aesthetically blend in with your natural teeth
Why do I need a dental bridge?
When you have a missing tooth or missing teeth, it can affect you in a number of ways. A dental bridge can address those changes, including:
- restoring your smile
- restoring the ability to properly chew
- restoring your speech and pronunciation
- maintaining the shape of your face
- re-adjusting your bite to properly distribute the force when you chew
- preventing your remaining teeth from moving out of the correct position